Please note! The agency will no longer use local news media for alerts and announcements.
1. Each hub office (Clear Lake, Marshalltown and Cedar Falls) will operate independently when deciding to close or not.
2. Each office has designated staff assigned to make the decision.
3. When an office is closed, all activities and events scheduled at the office are canceled.
4. No late starts for events, activities or professional learning opportunities.
Closings and cancellations will be announced through the following channels:
- The front page of the AEA 267 website. If there is a weather announcement, it will appear under the row of picture links in a pink field titled “Weather Alerts”.
- Cell phone text message or email from https://schoolalerts.iowa.gov/, an automated web-based service. Sign up for AEA 267 Professional Development for class cancellations. You can also sign up to receive alerts for as many areas or districts as are needed for your situation. (Note to AEA 267 employees: when registering for an account, select “Schools”, then in the box by “Enter Search Term” enter AEA 267.)
- The official agency announcements line at 1-866-923-1089. Events will be canceled office by office (Cedar Falls, Marshalltown and Clear Lake). Select the geographic area where your PD learning opportunity is located from the menu prompts.
- Weather FAQs (AEA 267 Procedures Related to Inclement Weather – Updated 11/26/2014)
- Every professional learning flyer or brochure published by the agency should include information about how participants can learn about cancellations.
- Agency procedures for announcing an office closing or an event, activity or professional learning cancellation. (updated 9/24/14)
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF forms.
To view current road conditions across the state of Iowa, please visit the Iowa State Patrol’s Iowa Winter Road Conditions website.